SV2G Data Protection Policy
St. Vincent & the 2nd Generation (SV2G) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our Data Protection Policy applies to any personal data collected for or on behalf of the Company by any method.
St. Vincent & the 2nd Generation (SV2G) and Your DataSV2G works with a number of partner organisations and third parties to deliver and carry out services on behalf of children and young people. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.sv2g.org.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information SV2G may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide
You may give information about you by filling in forms in paper format, electronically or on the website or by corresponding with SV2G by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register on the website, participate on social media, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you use any services. The information you give may, for example, include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number.
Information SV2G collects about you
With regard to each of your visits to the website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet and your login information, browser type and version;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) services you viewed or searched for, length of visits to certain pages and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call the Company.
How the we use your information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
To provide you with a service
- For the purpose for which you provided the information, for example, processing information given on an application for a service, for the purpose of handling a complaint or enquiry or to monitor the our performance in responding to your request.
- To process financial transactions including receipts and payments
- To be able to verify your identity when seeking services from us.
To communicate with you
- To allow us to communicate and provide services, for example DBS Checks, etc., information on other related services that we or our partners may offer: newsletters, general advice and guidance.
- To seek feedback on our performance or to seek your views on the services you have used.
- If you wish to ‘opt out’ of receiving information that we feel might be of interest to you, but that does not relate directly to the service you are using, you can do so at any time by calling us on 01494 459449 and asking to ‘opt out’ of receiving additional information or you can ‘opt out’ by using the website at www.sv2g.org.uk
For the purpose of service development
- We shares data internally across all services for the purpose of internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and financial planning to assist in making informed decisions.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of the efforts to keep the site safe and secure.
To meet legal and statutory obligations
- To ensure that SV2G meets its duties, including obligations imposed under Equality and Health and Safety legislation.
- For applicable law enforcement functions, for example, licensing, planning enforcement, trading standards and food safety and compliance with legal obligations such as the prevention and/or detection of crime.
Disclosure of your information
SV2G may share your personal information with selected third parties and partner organisations as part of our service provision including:
- government bodies, the police, fire and rescue, health and social care organisations and educational establishments.
- contracted service providers delivering our services
The company only shares information with third parties and partner organisations when it is appropriate and necessary to do so. All third parties and partner organisations must comply with statutory requirements.
When you visit website at www.sv2g.org.uk or a specific service webpage, the company uses a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to determine which pages are being viewed, to help improve your experience and to gauge the number of visitors to support service development. This information is processed anonymously.
- recognising your computer to avoid having to give the same information several times
- recognising previous usernames and passwords
- recording numbers of visitors to our website
If you do not want to accept cookies, your browser can be set to automatically reject them or to inform you every time a website asks to store a cookie. You can also delete previously stored cookies.
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage them on the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies
SV2G website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
When you contact SV2G
Emailing: All emails sent to us, including attachments, may be monitored for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is lawful.
Using services: SV2G may contact you regarding the services we provide directly to you as well as, with your consent, regarding other relevant and appropriate services.
Retention of your data
SV2G may retain your data for up to 36 months to facilitate service delivery. Some sensitive data, including accident reports may be held for a longer time. Data is stored securely and access to it is limited to appropriate staff members.
Complaints or queries regarding the use of your personal details
The company strives to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information and takes any complaints received in this regard very seriously. Any queries or concerns should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer,
SV2G, Address: P O Box 1064, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3ZB or email email@example.com. The company also welcomes any suggestions for improvement.
This Data Protection Policy has been drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It is not intended to provide exhaustive detail in all aspects in relation to the collection and use of personal information by the company, any partner organisation or third-party provider. Any request for additional information may be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, SV2G, Address: P O Box 1064, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3ZB or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Your Personal Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you and to ask for it to be removed. You can find out if SV2G holds any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’
Disclosure of personal information
We will not disclose personal data without appropriate consent, however we may need to share information during an investigation into a safeguarding matter or where the sharing of personal data with a partner organisation is in the interest and wellbeing of the individual concerned.
Changes to the Company’s Data Protection Policy
The company regularly reviews its Data Protection Policy. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes.
Questions, comments and requests regarding the Company’s Data Protection Policy should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer, SV2G, Address: P O Box 1064, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP12 3ZB or email email@example.com.