The School of Steelpan provides music lessons, workshops and taster sessions for anyone from 6 years of age, with many of our students developing from beginner to advanced levels. Opportunities are also available for young people to progress to become a member of Wycombe Steel Orchestra. The School of Steelpan serves the diverse and wide communities of Buckinghamshire, and have plans to extend teaching nationally with an exciting new online programme.
The School of Steelpan offers:
- Workshops, taster sessions and tuition in schools
- Weekly group tuition for beginner and intermediate players (both children and adults) during the evenings and weekends
- One-to-one tuition for children and adults
- Support for students through BTEC, GCSE and A Level Music examinations with Steelpan as their chosen instrument
- Professional development for steelpan tutors
N.B. The School of Steelpan has full public liability insurance cover and DBS clearance for teaching lessons and workshops.
Find out more
If you would like more information about The School Of Steelpan, or you would like to get involved with any SV2G projects please do not hesitate to contact us.
As a registered charity, we offer a range of creative diversionary projects and programmes that empower and develop young people, families and the wider communities. Our programmes bring communities together to promote social inclusion and make a difference to people’s lives, with a range of innovative and exciting projects that help develop awareness of and celebrate African Caribbean heritage and culture. Find out how you can help support SV2G.